The New New — Issue Five
In which lab-grown wooden satellites, emailing spinach, and many morphisms roll into a movement upending business and society. Meat peripherals moodbeaming your boss, optional.
This irregular — and often irreverent — roundup of brand experiences, culture-driven experiments, and scoops of perception is back for the fifth time.
Start in the natural world, head to space, beam inside brains, and roll into an upending.
- Beyond Forests, lab-grown wood takes shape
- Wooden Satellites, a less junky model
- Emailing Spinach, overcoming the plant/human communications barrier
- Turbo Squid, the non-photographic future of stock photos
- BCIs, changing experiences without the ‘meat peripherals’
- Moodbeams, a wristband for telling your boss how you feel
- Neuromorphic Computing, more powerful computers that work like our brains
- Neumorphism, when skeuomorphism and material design combine
- Glassmorphism, the UI design trend for 2021
- Rollables, the new foldables
- ESGs, the movement upending business and society
If you have a new intrigue of your own or see something I missed, let’s discuss it here.
More to Peruse
In The News
Virtual Events: How Marketers are Tackling Eight Pain Points
From my collaboration with Event MarketerContinue