The New New
A round-up of the new brand experiences and cultural experiments that have launched into our world.
Some are part of bigger trends. Most are indicators of culture today. Many are ridiculous.
All make for good conversation starters. (Plus, right now, we could all use some levity in
- Byte, the new Tik Tok, the new new Vine
- VHS Tapes, the new retro
- ASMR, now live
- Spotify Playlists, for your pet Iguana
- Underwater Torpedo Leagues, a Thing
- Sober Curious, the movement grows
- Banana on the Wall, don’t eat it
- Quarter Pounders, as scented candles
- Whoppers, see they are really real food
- Panera, chases Burger King subscriptions
- Gen Z, cannot put you on hold
- Virtual events, the now way to do events
Thanks for reading this exploratory edition of The New New, a round-up of brand experiences, cultural-driven experiments, and overt randomness.
The New New will be back again (at some point).
By Brent Turner
More to Peruse
How Brands can Build a Real Community
I joined the awesome C‑Suite Blueprint podcast and somehow work medieval cathedrals, castles, and dragons into the conversation.Continue
In The News
The (Mostly Digital) Future of Hybrid Events
From my collaboration with Microsoft WorkLabContinue